Ice Fishing Video - Perch and Walleye

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
brandonkop
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Ice Fishing Video - Perch and Walleye

Post by brandonkop »

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO6YI36E_Do

Starting to put some of the footage together from the last bit of fishing I did in Alberta. This was a great day on a new lake for my uncle and I. We'd never ice fished here before but had some tips from some friends and went to try our luck. We were in search of jumbo perch, but the perch spot ended up handing out a bunch of walleye. Went on and afternoon search for the perch and found them in deeper water than we were fishing in the morning. The perch bite was super tough, barely could feel them take it. Then in the evening headed back to shallow water for some more walleye action and we weren't disappointed. This small gold and glow slender spoon was magic. I'm sure glad I bought a bunch more... they're still working this winter, haha. I'm not sure where they stock them, I usually buy them online from Cabelas. Just thought I'd add that since guys usually ask where to find them. I think this video shows how the marcum really helps, how I'm able to anticipate the bite and move the hook to entice a bight. If you don't have one... this should help you decide.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Ice Fishing Video - Perch and Walleye

Post by ERIC »

Nice! I've been following and enjoying your Twitter acct.
Thanks for posting your report. :thumbsup:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Definitely a nice report for the great white north! smalleyes :)

Next video i want to see you have a fish on that can't fit through the hole! :lol:
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by Troutdog 59 »

Very cool Brandon. Thanks for the report!!!! Never ice fished before, but looks like good warm layers are a must. Thanks again and keep em coming!!!
Once in a while you can get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right.

The Grateful Dead