Nothing like taking the Grandkids fishin

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Nothing like taking the Grandkids fishin

Post by oldranger »

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Nothing like taking the Grandkids fishin

Post by maverick »

Mike, no photo, only message reading "This content is currently unavailable".
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Comes through clear here...
Shows a 5-year-old angler showing some old fart how to catch a fish. Old guy looks pleased as punch...hope the old guy remembers how/ takes notes for next summer.
Good times Mike!
Mountainman who swims with trout
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Guess a Facebook membership is needed, my access is blocked. :(
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Mav, you have to have a frigbook login to see the content. I get the same message as you did because I DO not trust facebook and probably never will. I would trust Vimeo more.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

I don't think it is just a FB membership that you need to see it. I have one and even when signed in I can't see the picture. If I click on the box it takes me to FB and says photo not available. I'd bet that Mark can see it because he is on OR's "Friends" list. If OR changes the security setting of just that one picture from friends to public I think that those of us with FB accounts will be able to see it.

On the other hand it would just be easier to post the picture here. :nod:
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

I guess I need to start storing stuff on the cloud. The file for the video is too big to upload to HST. Facebook is how I keep track of kids and grandkids. I seldom post. I did change the setting for that video only.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Mike,

I can see it now so you must have fixed the permissions. A nice experience. Not sure how you'll manage with 3 kokes on at once, but it will be memorable!

Russ
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

I can watch it now also.

Cute as heck!!!! :thumbsup:
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray