Snow in Central Oregon

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Snow in Central Oregon

Post by oldranger »

Woke up to 5" of snow and still snowing. Most snow this time of year since our first year in Bend, 1985 when there was about a foot of snow on the ground for the entire month. It will be a nice walk up the Butte today!
1snow.jpg
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Snow in Central Oregon

Post by rlown »

don't forget to "shovel" the boat cover!!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Nice Mike, stay warm.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Russ

I did that first. Then coffee. Thenb driveway. About 1.5" since last post. Better do the boat shelter again!

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Yesterday afternoon: 22 degrees and raining! This am snowing on top of icy crust. Yesterday a warm pacific air mass overrode the arctic air on the ground resulting in rain that did not freeze until on the ground. Really nasty stuff, especially on bare ground, packed snow, or when trees still have leaves on them. Scheduled to get my new stud less snow tires mounted this AM.

Mike
Mike