Wolf Hunter Shoots & Kills a Malamute..Dog Owners be Careful

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Wolf Hunter Shoots & Kills a Malamute..Dog Owners be Careful

Post by madeintahoe »

I apologize if this is not the right place to post this...was not sure if I should have posted it here or Beyond the Sierra Nevada

I know there are a lot of dog lover's here.. that also take them with you either on a day hike or a backpacking trip....I realize this happen in Montana...but I feel it can happen in any other states that are not a Wolf killing states as well.
I have been sick about this..being a once owner of 6 Malamutes that have taken them all out on adventures with us.
I can't imagine this happening and I feel people need to be aware of this..so this is why I am posting it...it is not only hunters...it is also trappers putting out traps on public lands that are set and dogs have been getting caught in.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/articl ... 963f4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
freestone
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Wolf Hunter Shoots & Kills a Malamute..Dog Owners be Careful

Post by freestone »

Something very similar happened in the Los Padres NF.

http://www.noozhawk.com/article/012513_ ... y_hunters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Short cuts make long delays. JRR Tolkien
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Wolf Hunter Shoots & Kills a Malamute..Dog Owners be Careful

Post by madeintahoe »

Thank you Freestone for that link
I told my friend that also lives in that area about it..she remembers it happening and that people were just outraged about it.

Another horrible heartbreaking story about someones beloved pet...It can happen in any state.