TR: Teton Crest Trail during the 2017 superbloom!!

A forum that'll feed your need for exploring the limitless adventure possibilities found in "other" places. Post trip reports or ask questions about outdoor adventures beyond the Sierra Nevada here.
maiathebee
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Teton Crest Trail during the 2017 superbloom!!

Post by maiathebee »

Wandering Daisy wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:57 pm I believe someone else asked on another of your reports; what camera and settings are you using? The color is outstanding, so is the focus.
Thank you!! I use a Panasonic Lumix GX-7 with a Lumix G Vario Lens, 12-60mm, F3.5-5.6 ASPH. I do some post-processing in Lightroom that consists mostly of minor levels adjustments, usually bringing up shadows and a bit of saturation. Not too much, I don't like it when photos look really over-processed.
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Post by Wandering Daisy »

I too do not like the over-processed look with too much color saturation. I really like what you did. The trend nowadays seems to be to really ramp up saturation and contrast. Thanks for the details on your camera. I only have Photoshop Elements 10. I hear good things about Lightroom- I should really look into that.

Interesting too is that everyone's color perception (vision) is different. My husband is totally red-green color blind which has been a learning experience for me to understand what he sees. I have also read that women can distinguish more subtle differences. On the other hand, my husband is so in tune with texture and subtle differences in shades of gray, that he points out things in my photos that I do not initially see.
hikerchick395
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by hikerchick395 »

Speaking of color perception, I've noticed that when using different eyes through the viewfinder, colors appear different, too. One of my eyes brings out the blues more. I usually use my right eye, but sometimes it is watery so have to switch to the left. No matter as the viewfinder is used for framing and the colors in the electric viewfinder are usually brighter than the actual photo turns out.
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by TehipiteTom »

Missed this until just now, but thanks for an immensely entertaining trip report and spectacular photos!
wreynier
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by wreynier »

Stunning! Thanks for posting! *adding to list*