22ish minutes of pure Sierra heaven

A place to discuss any High Sierra adventure sport not covered by the other forums. Whitewater rafting, mountain biking, geocashing, cliff jumping, base jumping, 4X4 off-roading...and the list goes on!
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

22ish minutes of pure Sierra heaven

Post by mokelumnekid »

Including Fantasy Falls on the Mokelumne...from 10:30 - 15:00 looks like the Mokelumne Canyon and Fantasy Falls for sure

http://vimeo.com/29052846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(WARNING: Adult language used in the sound track for this...not my doing, and it is a bug, but be warned)
Last edited by mokelumnekid on Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Re: 22ish minutes of pure Sierra heaven

Post by gary c. »

Pretty awesome but I think I'll stick to the trail.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
mokelumnekid
Topix Expert

Post by mokelumnekid »

I completely understand- what catches my eye is all the amazing scenery and the fact that there is so much to explore in these canyons. It is hard going...I'm a ww kayaker btw, but no freakin' way am I up for this stuff! But I am impressed by some of these amazing settings. But how to get there? As much of a puzzle as going off-trail in the high country
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

It looked hard enough trying to shoulder there yaks but with sholder straps looked even worse. Imagine how many trees have to be ducked under or how many times they must remove and then resling them again. It's definately an extreme video.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
kingofthemountains
Topix Novice

Post by kingofthemountains »

great video, would love to have to spend a month there filming it!