Sweet Ski Tour Kings Canyon | High Sierra Topix  

Sweet Ski Tour Kings Canyon

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.

Sweet Ski Tour Kings Canyon

Postby maverick » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:45 pm

Found this cool ski tour on-line which was done in back in May 2011.
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show ... on-Lamarck)
HST= Wilderness Adventurer who knows no bounds, except for their own imagination.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Sweet Ski Tour Kings Canyon

Postby fishmonger » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:23 am

sweet. Can't wait for the white stuff again (with 98F and high humidity here today, these photos were a nice cooldown)
fishmonger
Topix Expert

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby DAVELA » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:39 am

fishmonger wrote:sweet. Can't wait for the white stuff again (with 98F and high humidity here today, these photos were a nice cooldown)

10-4 that...those pics made me so jealousss...awesome stuff...gotta buy me some mtn skiing gear and and hook up with some xperienced folks...
DAVELA
Topix Regular

Experience: N/A

Postby mkelleyfresno » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:20 am

Waiting for the snow to fly.
New Rondone' skis
New Randonee' bindings
Skins
Tent
Well, the list goes on.... Just add snow!
I will definitly be doing some touring this year on the West side. Always looking for ski touring partners..... Drop me a line if you care to join in.
My email is
mkelleyfresno@yahoo.com
Have Fun! :D
mkelleyfresno
Topix Newbie

Postby Cross Country » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:52 am

One of the things I like about the Sierra is that typically it has lots of water in the lakes, rivers, and streams, and really nice weather in the summer without too much snow on the ground. Statistically, I believe, we have the best climate of any mountains in the world, last year not withstanding. Aren't we fortunate (not last year). From 1971 thru 1995 I can't recall a bad year ,like last year or 1996 (I believe). Those years just had too much snow to suite me. There were some high snow years but none too much for me. How about 2003 - not too much snow but it rained all summer. Nevertheless we have the Sierra with it's really great climate.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Postby John Dittli » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Wow, and they say the internet is vast. So here I sit caring for my elderly Mom, surfing while Mom watches the Halmark Channel and I come upon this linked post. On day two of their trip they saw a couple of guys skiing Mt Solomons- that was my partner and I on the second to last day of our White Divide/Enchanted Gorge tour! What a trip!!
1105_ 1544_D1A.jpg
Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail
John Dittli
Topix Expert

Return to Winter Sports