High Sierra Topix Snowcamp at Rock Creek

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

I got lucky this time, my forehead peeled just a little, but the color is still there. The rest of me didn't peel. :D

I burned the weekend before and swore I would re-apply sunscreen. Think I learned? :\

I was carpooling til I lost my hiking partner . . . :angry: Time to start looking! :unibrow:
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Post by Snow Nymph »

Speaking of sharing the driving (:) . . . SnowDude is taking the weekend off to go snowboarding with me! He has to see the record breaking snowpack, and he's been working too hard and needs a break! :partyman: :smooch: \:D/ (:)

Plus we'll get to take the new rig on its first long trip! (:) heehee! Love that smilie!!

(((||)))
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SteveB
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by SteveB »

Man, that looked like great fun! :) Thanks for sharing the pics! :)
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

Hi Hikerduane
I too like having my pancakes with just jam..I do that a lot at home instead of syrup & it is very good I think...you don't even really need butter. I think I will have to do the pancakes on a trip for a nice change
It would be neat to go on a trip with Sequoia...are you talking about the one she is planning in late July?
Apple butter is good too on pancakes :)
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

AWESOME PHOTOS!! Looks like you guys had a bast. Who has the sunblock? :p
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
hikerduane
Founding Member

Post by hikerduane »

madeintahoe, I was thinking Carol had a trip earlier too, but it was more than likely the trip in July.

Sorry, I'm very partial to STRAWBERRY.:) Did you know that I have the strawberries they found with Iceman when they dug him up? Still in my freezer being hoarded.
Piece of cake.