Bishop Creek Snowmobiling

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
sierra_smitty
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Bishop Creek Snowmobiling

Post by sierra_smitty »

Sunday my brothers and I went up to the resort to shovel snow off a few roofs, figured some may appreciate the pics. After shoveling for a few hours we chilled for a bit before coming down the hill.

My bros kickin it by Wier Lake on Bishop Creek

The ride…

Towards South Lake from Wier Lake

Monday I went up again with brother Lane for another bout of shoveling…and yes, my arms and back are a tad sore. Here are pics from Monday.

When we arrived a dude had a full-on dog sled team coming down the trail, WAY cool!

Took these pics of the creek on the way up…

For those that know the canyon well, there is a spring that comes right out of the rock right near where the road ends(this time of year). It looked pretty sweet….it was overcast on the way down but it still was sweet lookin.

I played with the exposure a little and it looks kinda neat.

Anyhow...it wasn't exactly a joyride but..well..it is SO much fun being back there even when I'm working it's a blast.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by hikerduane »

Hey, thanks for the pics. Good to see someone else has a sled. I've only been out once this season and that was a couple weeks ago. Time to put it away again now.
Piece of cake.