Forum Gathering in Mammoth?? | High Sierra Topix  

Forum Gathering in Mammoth??

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.

Postby Snow Nymph » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:06 am

I'm taking those two weekends off from Mammoth. The lines have been long, and I guess I'm a little spoiled.

I'll figure out a meeting place and time (after I find out where people are parked/coming from. I will take the Village Gondola to Canyon Lodge, then Chair 2 to G2. Just have to pick a meeting time. SnowDude will be traveling that weekend, so it'll be just me. I will send an e-mail to those interested, with my cell and other info.

Parvo Pup and anyone else interested, send me an e-mail at sierrariders @ socal(dot) rr (dot)com and I'll add you to the e-mail.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/

Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Experience: N/A

Postby Snow Nymph » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:38 pm

Bump . . .
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Postby ERIC » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:58 pm

Not gonna be able to make it Snowy. I thought I could swing it, but then my company planned a training for Monday morning and I have to fly out on Sunday to make it. Oh yeah, and I have meetings all day in Chico on Friday... #-o

If we do a forum get-together in August I can probably make it. [-o<
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby Skibum » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:05 pm

Wingding,

I'm planning a trip to Weaver Lake sometime soon. It's a pretty easy trip. around 6-8 miles. Half skiing the Big meadows road to the Jenny Lakes trailhead, then around 2 1/2 miles trail. We are getting dumped on right now, so the snow conditions will be pretty good for awhile.
Skibum
Founding Member

Postby Snow Nymph » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:58 pm

Storm total: 23"
:D

Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Postby wingding » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:58 pm

Skibum:

That sounds like a nice trip. I haven't been to Weaver Lake, but I've been by the junction to it when there wasn't any snow. You're lucky you can ski - I'm stuck on snowshoes in the snow. How much snow did you get this weekend?

Kathy
wingding

Postby wingding » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:00 am

SN - 23 inches in Mammoth?
wingding

Postby Snow Nymph » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:49 pm

Yes, in Mammoth. That was the storm total from the daily report. Snowman reported 20-30".

I sent an e-mail out before lunch to those interested. Still haven't heard from Parvo Pup on this trip (I don't have e-mail addy).

Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Postby ERIC » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:16 am

Snow Nymph wrote:Yes, in Mammoth. That was the storm total from the daily report. Snowman reported 20-30".

I sent an e-mail out before lunch to those interested. Still haven't heard from Parvo Pup on this trip (I don't have e-mail addy).

If it's the same email address as "Parvo Pup" on here, you should have access to that email under his profile, Snowy. :)
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
ERIC

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby Parvo Pup » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:23 pm

whoops - my bad.

Snowy - had to jet cross-country on a no-notice business trip and just got back home today. My wife had tried to find someplace to stay in Mammoth while I was gone - but appears that darn near everything is still booked through this Sunday. At least everything that wouldn't require a home equity loan to pay for.

Bottom line - I will have to take a powder on this weekend's forum get together.

Sorry.

Rick.
Sometimes I have a great notion
Parvo Pup
Topix Newbie

Postby Snow Nymph » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:30 am

That's ok! Doug couldn't find lodging either, so I figured it would be crowded this weekend again. Randonee's boss was getting in the way of this trip too, so we decided to postpone til next month.

I'm available March 11-12 and March 25-26. Last year at this time I had twice as many days on the slopes. I don't think I'll be ready for April 1st.

April 1st is the Vertical Cure Ski-a-thon, so I'll be going for vertical that day (I hold the snowboarding record now, 2 years in a row). If anyone is interested in participating or sponsoring me, let me know. The Vertical Cure event is a way to raise awareness and donations for Scleroderma, a chronic, autoimmune tissue disease that currently does not have a cure and affects 300,000 people.

Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Re: Forum Gathering in Mammoth??

Postby sparky » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:25 am

Scatting on snow?? :-k
There is a million ways to be human, all are worthwhile.

True happiness is the absence of striving for happiness.
-Chuang Tzu.
sparky
Topix Expert

Previous

Return to Winter Sports