Winter day hiking advice for Wuksachi area - SEKI

Discussion about winter adventure sports in the Sierra Nevada mountains including but not limited to; winter backpacking and camping, mountaineering, downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc.
overheadx2
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Winter day hiking advice for Wuksachi area - SEKI

Post by overheadx2 »

I'm headed up to Wuksachi lodge this weekend with the wife for some nice Hilton hikes. I don't know what to expect, but would like to do some nice long hikes or some snowshoeing. My plan is to hike up to the falls at Lodgepole and also hike to Morro rock or panther Gap if possible. Any other suggestions for winter hikes in the area would be appreciated. Phil
Rockyroad
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Winter day hiking advice for Wuksachi area - SEKI

Post by Rockyroad »

My wife and I did the trail to Tokopah Falls 3 weeks ago. Except for a very small patch of snow/ice about two thirds of the the way in, the trail was dry. Not sure how much snow is left over from the recent storm. We also enjoyed Moro Rock but watched the sunset from Hanging Rock instead, a short walk NW of Moro Rock. That sunset would have been beautiful from either place. We had heard the hike to Little Baldy was also nice but didn’t get a chance to try it.