Missing 25-year-old hiker in Russell/Whitney area

Use this forum to stay informed on missing persons alerts, active SAR's and unfortunate hiker accidents we can all hopefully learn from. Any information you may have on a missing person, including first hand weather related information or any other insight (however little) may prove to be critical information to Law Enforcement / SAR in locating the person in question.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Missing 25-year-old hiker in Russell/Whitney area

Post by maverick »

Michael's mom is reaching out to the outdoor community with the following request:
We are certain some of Michael's equipment is still up above Meysan Lake where he was found--lost during the avalanche. I'd like to get messages posted so that anyone hiking and climbing in the area once the snow is pretty much gone, should they come across any of his items, to please take it to the Sheriff's Office in Lone Pine.

I'm going to see if I can post something at High Sierra Topix, too.

We are certain the following were lost: Ice axe: Black Diamond Raven 70 cm, a Go Pro camera, silver, Garmin GPSMap 62s, and white framed Julbo Camel sunglasses.

Thank you so very much for any help or suggestions on how we can get this information out.

Sheriff's office in Lone Pine: 726 N Main St, Lone Pine, CA 93545 Phone:(760) 876-5606
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org