Missing Hiker - SEKI - Gardiner Basin

Use this forum to stay informed on missing persons alerts, active SAR's and unfortunate hiker accidents we can all hopefully learn from. Any information you may have on a missing person, including first hand weather related information or any other insight (however little) may prove to be critical information to Law Enforcement / SAR in locating the person in question.
cgundersen
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Missing Hiker - SEKI - Gardiner Basin

Post by cgundersen »

Alpenglow in Gardiner basin
Hi Everyone,
This is a view up toward the connector ridge (on Dave's map) that Greg was probably trying to cross to get to the uppermost part of the Gardiner Lakes basin (this was taken Wednesday night, 8/13, at the lake a bit north and west of the direct climb up to Gardiner Pass). Obviously, from this direction, the climb was not too troublesome looking. We did not get photos of the other side, but I have some old ones that I'll try to find. Very pretty country...........
Cameron

PS. I'm trying to get a TR done, but it'll take a while.
oleander
Topix Expert

Post by oleander »

Here is a recent photo of Mount Gardiner taken from the north. The saddle just to its right is Gardiner Pass East, situated along Gardiner's long northwest ridge.
Gardiner Pass East.jpg
Rated a Class 2, though it looked pretty steep to us.

- Elizabeth
oleander
Topix Expert

Post by oleander »

Here's a panorama of the entire northwest ridge, again taken from the north.
Gardiner Panorama 2 compressed.jpg
Gorgeous country indeed.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

ok. I was hoping this thread would be locked by now, but it wasn't. He died (very sad), he was found, and this is not a photo post thread at this point. Great pics but i find them inappropriate at this stage. please lock the thread as it has run it's course.