2014 Member Meet-up 7/22-7/27

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: 2014 Member Meet-up 7/22-7/27

Post by Jimr »

If all works out, I should have that covered.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
orbitor
Topix Regular

Post by orbitor »

Snow Nymph wrote:orbiter, I would be interested in Milestone, Midway, Hale and Young. :nod:
Snow Nymph,
Let's discuss as the time gets closer. I'd really like to do some climbing in the Great Western Divide - Midway as primary objective.
Climbing | Community | Adventure | Life
http://www.sierramountaineeringclub.org
fishhunter
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by fishhunter »

Maverick, Although I am not a long time forum member I applaud the idea and would be interested. I think logistics like Wilderness Permits can be worked out as long as we target a rendevouz at a specific place / time and stagger the start dates. I think you just have to pick a location and time and see how many people can make it. Would be great to meet some of the people who contribute to the forum, and share experiences on where to go next!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Fishhunter,

You are a member and share our love for the Sierra, what else can we ask for, looking
forward to seeing you there. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

Maybe it would be a good idea to get a list of who's going and from what approach, that way some can get together at the trail head. Assuming this is still a go.
I'm no suture for my future.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

http://highsierratopix.com/community/vi ... 390#p78565" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

ok.. let's not make this a circular thread thinggy. merge them both here. All the info should be in THIS thread.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

I just got confirmation for my permits. Three out of Cottonwood lakes. East side approaches in the Inyo National Forest are attainable 6 mo. prior to entrance date.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thanks Jimr. Those of you interested in the HST meet-up between 7/22-7/27
in Wallace Basin and are starting your hikes from Inyo NF, please secure your
wilderness permits now. If your starting point is within the NP you will have
to wait till March 1st to do so. If you are a new member on HST please do not
hesitate to join us, this is for all members new and old.

calipidder
Topix Regular

Post by calipidder »

Checking into the feasibility of making this trip work. It looks like I'll have an extra week of vacation to splurge on in the sierra this summer, as long as MrC is available to stay home and take care of our new pup (coming March 1 and will still be too young for a trip like this - plus the whole NPS no-dog thing). I'm definitely interested in peaks - the only I've done in the area are Tyndall and Barnard (and Whitney, of course). I think I'd come in over Shepherd.