2021 Post-Covid HST Meetup 7/29-7/30 (Cancelled)

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: 2021 Post-Covid HST Meetup 7/29-7/30

Post by rlown »

I think if you want attendance with the current reservation system, you need to put these plans 6 month in advance.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Unfortunately in January the permit system was not determined yet, and the pandemic was still raging, so 6 months was way too far out this year. :(
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Locking this topic and cancelling the event.
With the new permitting system, it will make things just too complicated this year to have a backcountry Meetup, next year. ;)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org