High Sierra Trail - August 30th - Seeking Partners

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
pkbluedevils
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

High Sierra Trail - August 30th - Seeking Partners

Post by pkbluedevils »

Hello,

I currently have a permit for 3 to start the High Sierra Trail on Sunday August 30th. Was planning on having my brother join me but he got into PA school mid summer and can’t make it anymore. So I’m going it alone, or you could join!

Looking for someone or 2 to join for the trip. Planning on 6 or 7 days. “Don’t walk too fast, you might miss something” - Randy Morgenson.

I don’t mind going it solo as I frequently do on the east side. But I would definitely enjoy any like minded individuals who are interested to join me for the trip. The transport logistics to and from Visalia and Lone Pine are a bit of a challenge for a solo trip. Im also interested in weekend trips 2 or 3 nighters for peak bagging and exploring throughout the rest of the season. I am 24, in SD area.
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: High Sierra Trail - August 30th - Seeking Partners

Post by bobby49 »

I did the HST solo a few years ago. I reached Crabtree Camp on the fourth day. Then went up and down the west side of Whitney on the fifth day, and then went all the way out to Horseshoe Meadow on the sixth day. It's doable. That was a year of decent stream crossings. They were neither easy nor difficult. That makes a lot of difference. This year they ought to be easy.
Rsattuluri
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: High Sierra Trail - August 30th - Seeking Partners

Post by Rsattuluri »

Hi - I am interested in joining you for the hike starting August 30th. I started the HST last year, but had to turn back due to trail damage. I ended up doing the lakes trail and it was great! I live in LA.
If you send me your info, I can get in touch with you. If not, you can email me (ravispammail)--at-- gmail and we can chat further.