2020 HST Meetup 9/11-9/13

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: 2020 HST Meetup 9/11-9/13

Post by SSSdave »

Wise call. Too much uncertainty in the permit system. People's with an uncertain work future and resulting economic limitations. Lives in turmoil as family and friends become sick and need help. Schooling uncertainties and disruptions for those with kids. Sad vibe all about.

In any case, I still hope to get out and that ought start this month with a 2 nighter up Hilton Creek as weather is looking sunny as I printed out a new checklist then poured out all my gear yesterday to pack up. Just need to get the attention of INF for a permit. Anyone else solo independent with a tripod interested in a short warm up through the sagebrush and into the rising fields of mule ears might PM me.
SNOOOOW
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by SNOOOOW »

commonloon wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:29 pm Bummer. Virtual meet-up, 5 minute videos, from locations in the High Sierra? Sounds like a thread to me. ;-)
Can we post videos like that to these threads? I'd upload a quickie
Without a People's army, the people have nothing.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Can we post videos like that to these threads? I'd upload a quickie
Sure. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

vimeo is your best bet for video hosting and inclusion into HST.
bandguy5686
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by bandguy5686 »

I'd be interested for sure.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

You missed this:
After a discussion with Mike (oldranger), who was hosting this years Meet-up, we have decided to cancel this years Meet-up.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org