4th Matthew Greene Search 9/4-9/8/19

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

4th Matthew Greene Search 9/4-9/8/19

Post by maverick »

PM me if your interested in joining us, even if you can only attend Fri-Sun, everything helps. :)
Check your e-mails please.
Thanks, Mav
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
narkj
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: Join the 3rd annual citizen search for Matthew Greene!

Post by narkj »

Jimr, I would like to talk to you. Can you PM me so i can give you my email?
narkj
Topix Acquainted

Re: 4th Matthew Greene Search 9/4-9/8/19

Post by narkj »

Sorry, Jimr, looks like you sent me a PM then deleted it? Not sure what happened. Hoping to connect.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

PM resent
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Bump, nice alternative, if you didn't make the Meetup, and it's for a good cause. ;)

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
henryfk
Topix Novice

Post by henryfk »

I'm interested in throwing in a hand. My pal Paul told me about this. Can get up there probably Wednesday and stay through following week. Looking forward to revisiting the Minarets if it works. Let me know.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

PM sent.

narkj
Topix Acquainted

Post by narkj »

Hey all, Jason Nark, the journalist here. Want to thank everyone for letting me tag along and encouraging me to do a little more than I thought i could. It was truly a magical trip for me and when that shuttle dropped me off in the village Saturday, sweaty, smelly, carrying a far-too-heavy pack, I felt for the first time that I'd really been in the outdoors. I visited Matthew Greene's campsite at Shady Rest and put a little flower on the site marker.

I just hope i can finally put it all into words.

Anyway, I'd really like to see some pictures you took, particularly any of the Minaret Mine, or up on South Notch, any of the minarets, etc. I can be reached at jasonnark77@gmail.com.

Thanks, again, and maybe I'll be back next year, in better shape.

Jason Nark.
srb
Topix Novice

Post by srb »

I've only rough drafts of the text for each trip report, but all the photos are up:
  1. Riegelhuth Minaret and Pridham Minaret (2019-09-04)
  2. Kehrlein Minaret and Starr Minaret (2019-09-05) (a few photos of Minaret Mine and South Notch while ascending and one while descending)
  3. Clyde Minaret, Eichorn Minaret, and Michael Minaret (2019-09-06) (a few of South Notch while descending)
  4. Adams Minaret and Ken Minaret (2019-09-07)
Harlen
Topix Addict

Post by Harlen »

Hey srb- Scott,

Congratulations on all of your fine climbs and diligent searching efforts. Thanks for providing all the great photo-doc of the area. Say- is that a small reddish bear in the last photo from #1 - 2019-09-04? Weren't you frightened having a Bear in your camp?! :nod:
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.