Maverick's 2018 Annual Meet-up 7/26-7/27

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Maverick's 2018 Annual Meet-up 7/26-7/27

Post by maverick »

Hello Ladies, Gents, and Doggies too,

This years meet-up, will be in the heart of the Silver Divide, beautiful Grinnell Lake, accessible from numerous trailheads or as part of a longer trip. McGee Creek, Mosquito Flats, and Edison Lake are the quickest access points from the east and the west. There are numerous peaks for climbers to keep busy for days, numerous lakes in the area, which offer outstanding fishing, a sublime location for photography, and as mentioned earlier, it is a pet friendly location too. :nod:

Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Dave_Ayers
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Maverick's 2018 Annual Meet-up 7/26-7/27

Post by Dave_Ayers »

Excellent, marking the Calendar ...
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Excellent, marking the Calendar ...
:thumbsup:

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by Hobbes »

Excellent
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Excellent
:thumbsup:

tomba
Topix Regular

Post by tomba »

-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

I remember that TR Tomba, hopefully you enjoyed that area as much as I do, and will consider joining us next year. :)

sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

What's the catch? This is only a little more than 10 miles from the trailhead. I would be willing to try to make it if the cross country section isn't too steep. Will there be room for everyone to make camp?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Will there be room for everyone to make camp?
Yes there will be Sekihiker, and the catch is, that it is a beautiful location, with plenty of trailed and crosscountry routes to access it. :)

sekihiker
Founding Member

Post by sekihiker »

maverick wrote:
Will there be room for everyone to make camp?
Yes there will be Sekihiker, and the catch is, that it is a beautiful location, with plenty of trailed and crosscountry routes to access it. :)
Sounds almost too good to be true. I hope to be there.