Maverick's 2016 Annual HST Meet-up | High Sierra Topix  

Maverick's 2016 Annual HST Meet-up

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.

Re: Maverick's 2016 Annual HST Meet-up

Postby maverick » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:47 pm

Thank for letting me know. :)

Confirmed so far:

Gazelle
Rockyroad
Oleander
Maverick
Shhsgirl +1
Bluewater
Mort +2
Vhsvhs
Hobbes
Kpeter +1
HST= Wilderness Adventurer who knows no bounds, except for their own imagination.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby mcgenes » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:07 am

I'm out. Schedules didn't work with my trip partner, so we are going in Sept. Have fun!
Marnie
mcgenes
Topix Novice

Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Postby maverick » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:57 am

I'm out. Schedules didn't work with my trip partner, so we are going in Sept. Have fun!
Marnie

Thanks for chiming in and letting us know, maybe next year.
HST= Wilderness Adventurer who knows no bounds, except for their own imagination.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Postby maverick » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Confirmed so far:
Gazelle
Rockyroad
Oleander
Maverick
Shhsgirl +1
Bluewater
Mort +2
Vhsvhs
Hobbes
Kpeter +1
Peaksandpotatoes +1

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Postby maiathebee » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:08 pm

I'm also not going to be able to make it this year. Taking my dad into the backcountry for the first time ever and turns out that's the weekend that works for us, so something shorter is in order. Have fun everyone!!
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
maiathebee
Topix Regular

Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Postby maverick » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:37 am

Have a great trip with you dad, maybe next year. :)

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Postby maverick » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Confirmed so far:
Gazelle
Rockyroad
Oleander +1
Maverick
Shhsgirl +1
Bluewater
Mort +2
Vhsvhs
Hobbes
Kpeter +1
Peaksandpotatoes +1

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Postby maverick » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:04 pm

These are everyone's assigned camp spots, see you there. :)

Camp 1: HST Map

Gazelle
Vhsvhs
Kpeter +1
Rockyroad

Camp 2: HST Map

Peaksandpotatoes +1
Shhsgirl +1
Mort +2

Camp 3: HST Map

Hobbes
Bluewater
Oleander +1
Maverick

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Postby Hobbes » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:34 pm

That spot is perfect for me. I'm taking off Friday morning and heading to Tuolumne 19 miles away. I was going to send you a PM about location preference ie staying lower, but you must have read my mind. =D>
Hobbes
Topix Expert

Experience: N/A

Postby maverick » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:37 pm

Tea time / mingle time will be at 5 pm on Thur and Fri at Camp 1, pack your dinners, snacks, extra clothing so you do not have to rush back to your campsite to eat or beat sundown. :)

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Postby peaksandpotatoes » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:22 pm

Wow I just saw all these posts. I've been traveling with family...

I'm probably in the worst shape I've been in since the beginning of spring and I'm dealing with a bout of stress-induced hives on my feet, plus I haven't heard from my hiking partner in a while... but I'm still super excited!!! Thanks for organizing this Maverick! I love that my camp spot is right in the middle of three SPS peaks. Hopefully I can just get one in my condition haha. Also, let it be known, that I don't really consider myself a backpacker, and that this will be a loooong trip for me, but the prospect of meeting so many other amazing outdoorsmen and women is getting me really pumped to pick up that ridiculously heavy pack and trudge up miles of pebbles!!

I still need to figure a way out. My partner suggested going down towards Blue Lake then Bench Canyon to Twin Island Lakes to Thousand Island Lakes. Any thoughts on this idea? I read that the west side of Rodgers Pass (we are coming in via Rodgers) is no fun, so I asked him to think of alternatives. But I am afraid it is a bit long for two days? Plus I have no idea what the terrain will be like from our campsite to Blue Lake. Maybe I should just drop a car off at Tuolumne and do what Hobbes is doing (except starting Sat)?
peaksandpotatoes
Topix Acquainted

Experience: N/A

Postby maverick » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:35 pm

That is why your were assigned that campsite P&P, kept the climbing side of you in mind. ;)
Bringing two cars and leaving one in TM would be a good idea, you will be able to see areas you haven't explored before. The Blue Lake Pass>Bench Canyon>Twin Lakes>Catherine Lake>1000 Is Lake route is beautiful but 2 days is pushing it, especially if you are not in great backpacking shape. :)

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Find A Partner / Form A Group / Join A Group