Maverick's 2016 Annual HST Meet-up

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
Hobbes
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Maverick's 2016 Annual HST Meet-up

Post by Hobbes »

I'm planning on reaching the meet-up location Thursday in the early afternoon. Perhaps I will run into Gazelle as she descends one of the local peaks like last year. I will be coming over north Glacier along the SHR from Mammoth. Depending on luck & timing, maybe I'll see Maverick/Oleander Wed on their way to Old Bones while I head to Bench canyon/Blue lake.

I'm going to check out the local streams/lakes for fishing, then take-off Friday morning for Tuolumne meadows via Vogelsang HSC. Catch YARTS back to Mammoth and head home.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Thanks Victor and Karl, looking forward to hearing about your thru hikes Victor, especially the CDT. :)

Confirmed members so far:
Gazelle
Rockyroad
Oleander
Maverick
Shhsgirl +1
Bluewater
Mort +2
Vhsvhs
Hobbes
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Know of at least 5 more people who have indicated that they planned to attend but have not yet confirmed here, please do so everyone can be assigned into one of the camp locations. Thanks

Confirmed so far:
Gazelle
Rockyroad
Oleander
Maverick
Shhsgirl +1
Bluewater
Mort +2
Vhsvhs
Hobbes

Kpeter?
AlmostThere+1?
Peaksandpotatoes+1?

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by kpeter »

I will be coming and bring one friend from Mono Meadows.

The tour bus to get us from the valley to Mono Meadows is sold out. I should have thought of buying tickets early. Any suggestions?
Also, will parking in the valley trailhead be impossible on a Sunday morning when we start the shuttle?
Last edited by kpeter on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thank for letting me know. :)

Confirmed so far:

Gazelle
Rockyroad
Oleander
Maverick
Shhsgirl +1
Bluewater
Mort +2
Vhsvhs
Hobbes
Kpeter +1

mcgenes
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by mcgenes »

I'm out. Schedules didn't work with my trip partner, so we are going in Sept. Have fun!
Marnie
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

I'm out. Schedules didn't work with my trip partner, so we are going in Sept. Have fun!
Marnie
Thanks for chiming in and letting us know, maybe next year.

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Confirmed so far:
Gazelle
Rockyroad
Oleander
Maverick
Shhsgirl +1
Bluewater
Mort +2
Vhsvhs
Hobbes
Kpeter +1
Peaksandpotatoes +1

maiathebee
Topix Expert

Post by maiathebee »

I'm also not going to be able to make it this year. Taking my dad into the backcountry for the first time ever and turns out that's the weekend that works for us, so something shorter is in order. Have fun everyone!!
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Have a great trip with you dad, maybe next year. :)