Maverick's 2016 Annual HST Meet-up

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
richlong8
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Maverick's 2016 Annual HST Meet-up

Post by richlong8 »

I'm in- sounds like a great meetup location, never been there.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

I'm in- sounds like a great meetup location, never been there.
Great to read this Rich, you will be very happy with this location, it really is beautiful!
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Just a reminder, all HST members are welcome to attend, no matter how long you have been a member. :nod:

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

Had no work today due to rain so I planned my 8-9-10 day trip to the meetup...so excited! Leaving out of Reds meadow Friday night sept 23, following the SHR to hopefully doing Ritter/Banner, then cross country to Davis, Lyell, McClure, Simmons, Amelia Earhart, Parsons, Fletcher, Volelsang, Florence peaks into Hutchings creek over sluggo pass to the meetup wed night then do Electra and Rodgers on Thursday leaving Friday for Folger and ansel adams and out SHR to the John muir trail back to Reds meadow. Yep will probably not get all the peaks but one can dream!

Kristine
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Leaving out of Reds meadow Friday night sept 23
You meant July 22. ;)

Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

yes that's what I meant I always have to have some mistake in my posts!
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
Bluewater
Topix Expert

Post by Bluewater »

I'm in Maverick! Looks like a great location :thumbsup:
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Alright Bluewater, will be interesting to read all the different routes, that people will be taking to get to the Meet-up location.

Bluewater
Topix Expert

Post by Bluewater »

maverick wrote:
Alright Bluewater, will be interesting to read all the different routes, that people will be taking to get to the Meet-up location.
With so many options it's possible each person may take a different route. I'm looking forward to it!

I may be starting back at Mono Pass to finish up some of the northern half of the SHR and break it up with 2 days at the meetup.
tomba
Topix Regular

Post by tomba »

I camped less than 300 meters from the cross hairs this year. My route was: Lyell Canyon, Donohue Pass, Marie Lakes, Rodgers Lakes, Davis Lakes, Clinch Pass (caution: steep and loose), Twin Island Lakes, Bench Canyon, Blue Lakes, Rockbound Saddle, "Harriet Pass", Harriet Lake, Foerster Ridge, Lyell Fork headwaters, Sluggo Pass, Hutchings Creek, Lewis Fork, Bernice Lake, Gallison Lake, "Golden Eagle Pass", Ireland Lake, Lyell Canyon. Names in quotes are unofficial. I came down from Foerster Ridge as the light was fading, and camped pretty much at the first flat spot below the ridge, SW from outlet of lake labeled WL10217T, near some willows.

Here is a link to the map with passes. To turn off labels of the passes, click "Menu" in upper right, and then in right half of the menu click on "Label On". Click on each pass for more description. Reload the page if description is blank.

Added: See photos in a later post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=13655&start=96#p103895
Last edited by tomba on Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.