Anyone up for Bishop Pass area trip starting June 25?

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
peaksandpotatoes
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Anyone up for Bishop Pass area trip starting June 25?

Post by peaksandpotatoes »

Hello,
My friend, Ken, and I are looking for one more person (preferably from the LA area so he can carpool) to join us on a peakbagging backpack trip starting June 25.

Here is a vague plan:

Thursday June 25 - Drive up to South Lake and backpack to Bishop Lake. (less than 5 mi hike)
Friday June 26 - Day hike up to Mount Goode from Bishop Lake. SE slope (class 2 maybe some class 3).

Then, depending on who we are with and how ambitious we are as a group, we may do Agassiz the same day from Bishop Pass. If people are interested in doing Mount Sill we can also attempt that by going through Dusy Basin, Knapsack Pass, Palisade Basin, Potluck Pass, then contour over to Sill. We can return same way or explore the way over Thunderbolt Pass instead (more difficult, but shorter). I need to leave the mountains by midday Monday or earlier if possible. Ken probably has less time of a time constraint.
http://peaksandpotatoes.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;