High Sierra Trail (Sept 19-24): Partners & Transit Logistics

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.
m360ot
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

High Sierra Trail (Sept 19-24): Partners & Transit Logistics

Post by m360ot »

Hello all,
I am looking to resolve transportation & partner logistics for a HST trip in a few weeks. Long story short, 3 of us will be headed to do the High Sierra Trail on Sept 17th or 18th with a fairly strict time schedule. One car will be coming from Santa Barbara the other from Salt Lake City. After setting up an end car at Whitney Portal on Sept. 18th, we will drive to Lodgepole to camp & start hiking on the 19th. We all need to end in the LA/OC area by Sept. 25 afternoon at the latest, but we are planning on the evening of the 24th.

Would anyone like to join us for the trip or part of it? We could use some LA partners to do part of the hike and return the lead car to LA. As expected, the logistics are a bit crazy, so if anyone has questions or suggestions let me know!

Thanks,
-Thomas H
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: High Sierra Trail (Sept 19-24): Partners & Transit Logistics

Post by bobby49 »

At the last time that I did the High Sierra Trail solo, I went west to east (Whitney), and then exited to Horseshoe Meadows. On the next morning, I caught the bus from Lone Pine to Mojave, Mojave to Bakersfield, Bakersfield to Visalia. Then the next morning, I caught the bus from Visalia to Giant Forest, Giant Forest to Crescent Meadow (my car).