Maverick's 2018 Annual Meet-up 7/26-7/27 | High Sierra Topix  

Maverick's 2018 Annual Meet-up 7/26-7/27

A forum to initiate member meet-up. Looking for a hiking/climbing/fishing/skiing/etc. partner, or are you planning a trip where you wouldn't mind having some company? Last minute invites can be just as fun as a well-planned group trip (sometimes even better) so don't be shy! And be sure to post a trip report to the appropriate forum when you get back.

Re: Maverick's 2018 Annual Meet-up 7/26-7/27

Postby maverick » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:10 am

Several of us will be heading back to towards McGee Sat morning, so we will be there both days, plus Sat morning. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby Flamingo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:36 pm

Several of us will be heading back to towards McGee Sat morning, so we will be there both days, plus Sat morning. :)

Maverick (and others), what do you think is the shortest exit route from Grinnel Lake to McGee trailhead?. . . north over Pace Col and around to McGee Pass, or east over Grinnel Col and then over Hopkins Pass? Or some other route?
Flamingo
Topix Regular

Postby maverick » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 pm

Maverick (and others), what do you think is the shortest exit route from Grinnell Lake to McGee trailhead?. . . north over Pace Col and around to McGee Pass, or east over Grinnell Col and then over Hopkins Pass? Or some other route?

Quickest and easiest route is over Grinnell-Hopkins Ridge, starting your ascent from the southeastern peninsula in the larger Grinnell Lake, then descend down into the Hopkins drainage, ascend up to Upper Hopkins Lake and then over Hopkins Pass to McGee Lake, but I would also visit Lower Hopkins, pretty lake.
This is the route I would be doing if I was coming in solo.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Previous

Return to Find A Partner / Form A Group / Join A Group