any suggestions?

Backpacking and camping basics and other general trip planning discussion for the uninitiated. Use this forum to learn where to look for the information you need, and to ask questions, related to the beginner basics of backpacking and camping, including technique and best practices.
bobby49
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: any suggestions?

Post by bobby49 »

We have two destinations in Emigrant Wilderness in mind, and I will likely go to the ranger station first and ask about road access. Then I'll have to get Lucy to make up her mind. To my knowledge, she has never seen a horse.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

easier to just call them and find out. Why the fixation on emigrant wilderness?
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by MountainMinstrel »

I've dayhiked out of Kennedy meadows (two weeks ago) to Relief res. and the trail was clear of snow with very little snow being seen in the higher elevations. The trial was still covered with a lot of Decomposed granite making the many steps rather sketchy coming down.

Dayhiked out of Crabbtree yesterday to bear lake and it was amazingly dry. The area just below the lake would normally be flooded this time of year but we didn't even get wet. We lucked out with the blood suckers but hear many reports that they had been viscous.

Lots of dogs on the trail as usual. unfortunately, I can't take mine anymore unless I keep her leashed because she has gone deaf and can't respond to verbal commands anymore.
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.