Advice for October Yosemite Backpacking (Beginners)

Backpacking and camping basics and other general trip planning discussion for the uninitiated. Use this forum to learn where to look for the information you need, and to ask questions, related to the beginner basics of backpacking and camping, including technique and best practices.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Advice for October Yosemite Backpacking (Beginners)

Post by maverick »

Grand Canyon NP would be perfect in October.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
ICE
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by ICE »

We've discussed it and it looks like we're going to somewhere in Big Sur! I guess I'll see you guys when I try a better time at the Sierra's, probably next summer. Thank you guys a TON for your help. Without you we probably would've gone and frozen to death on a random mountain peak in october!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Please write us a TR and post it in the "Beyond The Sierra Nevada" when you get back.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org