Sept 4- Day Bpack Trip Tuolumne & South - Recommondations?

Backpacking and camping basics and other general trip planning discussion for the uninitiated. Use this forum to learn where to look for the information you need, and to ask questions, related to the beginner basics of backpacking and camping, including technique and best practices.
Sewellymon
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Sept 4- Day Bpack Trip Tuolumne & South - Recommondations?

Post by Sewellymon »

Hi All- in advance thanks.

Smoke ruining my 9-14- 9-18 Bishop Pass - Taboose Pass Trip. Thats OK. I am too lazy to hike 55 miles.

Give me your casual 30 mile + either N Yosemite or South of Tuolumne ? I've done 40+ years of Sierra backpack trips, little in Yosemite. Me old time rockcimber with 100++ days in Tuolumne (so I love Tuolumne and it's environs), so thinking what casual loops maybe starting Cathedral Lakes TH? X- C since it's pretty casual terrain. Just no horrific talus anymore.

Or NoYos? Hiked last year Virginia Lakes into Virginia Canyon. Super nice but kind of volcanic. Prefer the granitic surroundings. Maybe out of Leavitt Meadows, Leavitt Lake, or...?

I've read some great TRs on the areas I'm mentioning, so no lack of great options South of Tuolumne. But let me know your fav?