Sierra Snowpack and Stream Flow Data / Maps | High Sierra Topix  

Sierra Snowpack and Stream Flow Data / Maps

Discussion related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.

Re: Sierra Snowpack and Stream Flow Data / Maps

Postby ERIC » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:27 pm

Good sidebar (especially the snow part since this year is so depressing), but let's try to stay on topic here fellas. :)

ERIC wrote:This thread lists some of the available online resources for obtaining Sierra Nevada snow pack, river and stream flow data/info:
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook:

Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Sierra Snowpack and Stream Flow Data / Maps

Postby Tahoe to Whitney » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:05 am

Hey Eric,

I built this High Sierra Weather page, which brings together some of your resources, like the Sierra Snow Analysis, here: ... reports#8a

With Precip/Snow Forecast Models, here: ... reports#7d

With a range of Sat views, here: ... eports#6a1

Of course, a selection of Radars, here: ... -reports#7

Can't leave out the Surface Maps, here: ... -reports#8

Last but not least are the Real Time Reporting Stations, here: ... -reports#4

My favorites are the Mesowest N & S, these: ... reports#4c

These resources are tailored for the four-season High Sierra backpacker, so include as wide a range of relevant resources as I have been able to put together.
There is also ENSO data, here: ... ts#el-nino

Drought/Rivers/Reservoirs, here: ... eports#4c2

Scroll up from the above Drought/Rivers/Reservoirs resources to find the Fire and Smoke resources.

There's even more!

Caltrans Road Info: ... reports#10

I've also got lightening, heat, and a very interesting overnight freezing probability animation, along with a very interesting almost-real time animation of active fronts, pressures, and precip. Oh, and point and zone forecasts for the Sierra between Tahoe and Whitney.

Check it out. It's an informative page. I try to get a many views as possible looking at this great kalidascope/puzzle/great piece of moving art that is our atmosphere. Or it can crush me!

Happy Trails!

Tahoe to Whitney
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Return to Conditions Reports and Information