Here comes the dump!

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
c9h13no3
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: Here comes the dump!

Post by c9h13no3 »

Cross Country wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:47 pm Tahoe Jeff added the exteranious stuff. if he had not I certainly would not have. Rion your ideology is with him and apart from my education. Maybe you should critisize him.
I wonder if we can just leave this behind. From here I can easily.
It's his signature. It's added at the end of every post. Everyone writes something at the end of each of their posts that you're just supposed to ignore. Obviously.

To keep this on topic, here's a picture of a bomb cyclone. California's under there somewhere. I'll be hiking locally checking out waterfalls this weekend, but the skiing is just around the corner :D

Bomb.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Adventure is just bad planning." - Roald Amundsen
Also, I have a blog no one reads. Please do not click here.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Cross Country »

Someone should have told me this beforehand - OBVIOUSLY.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

I am a dumb a for most things. I get along with dumb a s just fine. I come off as a know it all. I get along with know it alls just fine. I really don't like dumb a know it alls. I had no reason to know this. Your obviously critical remark was know it all dumb a.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

C'mon CC. Get a grip.

Back to topic. In petaluma it dumped big at about 10pm. I-80 got shut down for the most part.
I welcome the storm door opening.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

i·de·ol·o·gy
/ˌīdēˈäləjē,ˌidēˈäləjē/
noun
a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.
"the ideology of republicanism"
I can look up definitions too. And it proves nothing.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Gazelle
Topix Expert

Post by Gazelle »

Over 2 feet and snowing hard right now, we will see how big a **** show I 80 is on sunday when everyone try's to go home. I live right by chain control at kingvale and listen to the scanner...quite interesting at times. I haven't driven anywhere since monday!
Kristine
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Only 20 - 24" new snow here in town...up to 48" up on the hill. Expect - 7º (yup, that's a minus 7 degrees) tonight.
Another foot expected Sunday...looks like scattered snows everyday the next 10 days too.
Winter has arrived big time.
Mountainman who swims with trout
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by SSSdave »

Tahoe above 7.5k was dumped on last night as this AR storm cycle winds down today Monday. Kirkwood is showing 85 inches over 7 days, 30 inches over 24 hours, and now with a 50 inch base that will eventually open up the whole mountain as they gradually dig out and plow. My summer backpacking gear now swapped into a closet with all my winter skiing gear out. Wednesday into Thursday looking like a fair weather window before a cold storm next weekend so likely will get my first skiing days in then. Best early December Tahoe base in at least a decade. Have the Epic Senior Tahoe Local Value Pass again for KW HV NS, so a lot of midweek skiing.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

And I've swapped out the backpacking gear for the waterfowl hunting gear. Had two horrible hunts so far (got a nice tan though), but this series of storms will move the birds down. Next trip on 12/11.

Yes, Jimr, I owe you feathers and fur.. :( Haven't forgotten. Lost my birds to the PSPS PG&E shutdown.