Here comes the dump!

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
limpingcrab
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Here comes the dump!

Post by limpingcrab »

This was Friday, after already clearing my wife's car off twice, at Hume Lake in Sequoia NF. We were only at about 5500 feet and I got to splitboard wait deep light powder, it was nuts!

The snow was to light that even after 50 inches I'd still clip obstacles deep down but it was worth a few scratches. Also rode at China Peak on Saturday and got lots of laps in 6 feet of powder with fresh tracks every time, on opening weekend!

I'm still smiling two days later.
IMG_8537.jpg
Edit: We were not parked upside down but I'm at work and don't feel like fixing the picture :derp:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TahoeJeff
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by TahoeJeff »

Been raining at lake level for 2 days. It is a slushy mess around here....
"A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both."

Milton Friedman
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Jimr »

rlown wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:12 am Yes, Jimr, I owe you feathers and fur.. :( Haven't forgotten. Lost my birds to the PSPS PG&E shutdown.
If you do send them, please PM me first as my address has changed.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.