Cond. Req - Evolution

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
BESON
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Cond. Req - Evolution

Post by BESON »

I'm hoping to make a trip from Florence to Evolution Valley later this week. I've tried looking but not been able to find much in the way of recent trip reports/conditions. I expect that mosquitos will be very bad. I was more wondering, though, about the creek crossing in Evolution Meadow, which sounds like it can often be bad and just thought I'd inquire.
Brian
Jmcnamara5
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Cond. Req - Evolution

Post by Jmcnamara5 »

Crossed Evolution on 8/10. It's passable at the trail no need to go through the meadow. Water level not above knees, (I'm 5'7") but is moving quickly. Its the only boots off crossing in the valley... everything else had logs/rocks to hop across. Plenty of mosquito free camping along the river before climb up to Evolution Valley. McClure had decent Mosquitos wore net while hiking thru... minimal mosquitos at Evolution Lake and higher.