Taboose Pass Trail

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
DaveDill
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Taboose Pass Trail

Post by DaveDill »

Hi All,
Anyone if recent conditions on subject trail? Curious is the recent storms have created any challenges. We're headed up there next Friday.
Thanks for the help.
Dave
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Taboose Pass Trail

Post by maverick »

No info on it since the monsoonal events reported, yet, rangers said someone is going up today, they asked the party to report back on the conditions on their way out. Give them a call next week if someone hasn't posted anything here yet.
760-873-2500 ext #0 for the live ranger.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
DaveDill
Topix Acquainted

Post by DaveDill »

Thanks very much, Mav. Sorry to hear you could not attend the meet-up and hope all is well with your wife. I was planning on attending but also ran into some family issues and was not able to make the dates.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Sorry to hear you could not attend the meet-up and hope all is well with your wife.
Thank you, she doing well, waiting for results, long week.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Bill Carson
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by Bill Carson »

I was thinking about heading up there this tues, what experience does anyone have with the mosquitos this time of year above the pass. Ive heard they can be pretty bad around bench and the outlet.