Glen Pass

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
Dana
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Glen Pass

Post by Dana »

Does anyone have any updated conditions for Glen Pass? Last NPS TC report was posted on 8/7.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Glen Pass

Post by maverick »

Hi Dana,

Welcome to HST!

SEKI NP TC:
8/17 - There are two snowfields on the North side of Glen Pass- roughly 30% remains covered in snow. No technical gear necessary. Stock Impassable.
That is the most up to date info you will find. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Dana
Topix Novice

Post by Dana »

Thank you!!!
Dave_Ayers
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Dave_Ayers »

See Bob Pickering's post at http://www.whitneyportalstore.com/forum ... Post102148 . He went over Glen 8/15.
Dana
Topix Novice

Post by Dana »

Thanks for the heads up! Going to 60 Lake Basin on 9/2 via Kearsarge, will post conditions when I get back.
jakelamson
Topix Novice

Post by jakelamson »

Hey Dana,

Just over Glen on the 26th. South side is totally melted out. North side had two stretches of snow that you had to cross but there is a lot of traffic through there so I didn't even feel like I had to fish my microspikes out of my bag to do it. Saw multiple people doing the Rae Lakes loop in sneakers that were fine.

Jake
Dana
Topix Novice

Post by Dana »

Thanks for the TR Jake! Hope you had a great trip!!

Much Appreciated,

D