Looking for lake conditions above French Canyon

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
japhy0508
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Looking for lake conditions above French Canyon

Post by japhy0508 »

Hi Ecat! I'll be in a similar neck of the woods to you next week, albeit coming over Piute Pass and dropping onto said bench that holds all the lakes you mentioned. Maiden voyage for me as well...never been back into this area. Looking forward to some fun fishing. Think we might camp around Elba, or similar and make day trips either NW or SW of us. There will be several of us. Maybe we'll bump into each other!?
ecat
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by ecat »

Hi Japhy0508. Something cool about visiting new areas. I'll be with one other guy. Hope your trip in is a smooth one. We may show towards the end of the week, stopping a ways to the NW on the way in.
japhy0508
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by japhy0508 »

We're starting on the 10th and out the 13th. Gunning for Puppet the first day, but we'll see how the group feels. Hopefully we'll cross paths! Tight lines and have a great time!
ecat
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by ecat »

Wow! That's a bit more enthusiastic distance wise, than how I roll. Good luck and safe travels.