Dusy Basin -- Lost Camera -- July 28, 2017 -- Reward Offered

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
Velostein
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Dusy Basin -- Lost Camera -- July 28, 2017 -- Reward Offered

Post by Velostein »

Apologies for cross-posting to a second forum but it is that important to me:
++++
I am offering a reward for the return of a Sony camera or at least its memory stick which was lost in the Dusy Basin on July 28, 2017. This is a silver Sony 7.2 Megapixel point and shoot camera which contains photographs from a North Lake-South Lake loop trip that my daughter and I completed on the 28th. This was a “dad and daughter” adventure that was the trip of a lifetime and I am sick about the loss of the camera which I believe I inadvertently failed to pack while leaving our camp spot distracted by mosquitoes. As best as I can describe it the camp spot is approximately halfway between Bishop Pass and the top of the switchbacks coming into Dusy. It is approximately 200 feet east of the main trail off of a clearly discernible spur trail leading to a flat spot adjacent to the main creek draining the Basin. The spot is at an elevation of approximately 11,680 feet. I reported the loss at the White Mountain ranger station in Bishop. If you find this camera, I would be very grateful to hear from you. Thank you!