Grouse ridge area

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
MarcoG
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Grouse ridge area

Post by MarcoG »

It just took more time than i thought it would, our conditioning was lacking, and i had a first timer with me that has intermittent fear of heights. I got a mild case of Rhabdo from the exertion, but the views are priceless in this scenic area, and one can gather direction from any peak, so getting lost is not really going to happen here. Granite creek was no problem, used a downed tree, other creeks were only ankle deep.
Ashery
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Ashery »

MarcoG wrote:It just took more time than i thought it would...
Heh. I'm pretty sure everyone here who has some experience doing cross country travel is familiar with that feeling from some time in their past, so don't think that it's a result of some failure on your part.
MarcoG
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by MarcoG »

Well the good news is I was able to keep us going in the right direction and talk my wife out of dialing 911.