Glen Pass conditions? | High Sierra Topix  

Glen Pass conditions?

Discussion related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.

Glen Pass conditions?

Postby justinbaker8484 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Has anyone been over Glen Pass recently? I'm wondering about the conditions up there. I know there is lots of of snow but I'm curious how much and the condition of the snow. Are PCT hikers stomping through there now?

justinbaker8484
Topix Novice

Experience: N/A

Re: Glen Pass conditions?

Postby maverick » Sun May 29, 2016 12:31 pm

HST= Wilderness Adventurer who knows no bounds, except for their own imagination.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby KevinDo » Mon May 30, 2016 6:29 pm

maverick wrote:https://www.instagram.com/trailpaint/

Wow their photos look great! Seems like theres still a good amount of snow! Eagerly awaiting their arrival to the ansel adams area to see how it looks!
KevinDo
Topix Acquainted

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby psykokid » Mon May 30, 2016 8:44 pm

My friend went with a group this weekend up over Kearsarge and camped out at Charlotte Lake on Saturday Night. They were originally going to dayhike over Glen into Rae Lakes on Sunday but bailed a day early due to weather being a little bit of everything over the weekend.

psykokid
Topix Regular

Experience: N/A

Return to Conditions Reports and Information