Rancheria Water

Questions and reports related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.
tlsharb
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Rancheria Water

Post by tlsharb »

I may be heading out of the Rancheria trailhead on Aug 1st. Never used this one. Considering the drought, will there most likely be water in the smaller streams (Little Rancheria and Woodchuck...heading over Chuck pass)? Not being up there, I just don't have any idea how bad it is right now.
thanks much
terry
AaronRDavis
Topix Regular

Re: Rancheria Water

Post by AaronRDavis »

tlsharb wrote:I may be heading out of the Rancheria trailhead on Aug 1st. Never used this one. Considering the drought, will there most likely be water in the smaller streams (Little Rancheria and Woodchuck...heading over Chuck pass)? Not being up there, I just don't have any idea how bad it is right now.
thanks much
terry
Last week, there was water flowing in Rancheria Creek on the S side of Hoffman mtn. Round Corral Meadow was very soggy. Woodchuck Creek between "Lacy Camp" and Indian Springs had water flowing. I was surprised with how wet everything was in general. Probably due to all the monsoon moisture this summer.
tlsharb
Topix Regular

Post by tlsharb »

Thanks, that's good news.
ts
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by sekihiker »

Just got back from five days in the area yesterday. Recent storms have made a difference. Drank COOL water from both Little Rancheria and Woodchuck Creeks.