Rancheria Water | High Sierra Topix  

Rancheria Water

Discussion related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.

Rancheria Water

Postby tlsharb » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:52 pm

I may be heading out of the Rancheria trailhead on Aug 1st. Never used this one. Considering the drought, will there most likely be water in the smaller streams (Little Rancheria and Woodchuck...heading over Chuck pass)? Not being up there, I just don't have any idea how bad it is right now.
thanks much
terry

tlsharb
Topix Acquainted

Experience: N/A

Re: Rancheria Water

Postby AaronRDavis » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:00 pm

tlsharb wrote:I may be heading out of the Rancheria trailhead on Aug 1st. Never used this one. Considering the drought, will there most likely be water in the smaller streams (Little Rancheria and Woodchuck...heading over Chuck pass)? Not being up there, I just don't have any idea how bad it is right now.
thanks much
terry

Last week, there was water flowing in Rancheria Creek on the S side of Hoffman mtn. Round Corral Meadow was very soggy. Woodchuck Creek between "Lacy Camp" and Indian Springs had water flowing. I was surprised with how wet everything was in general. Probably due to all the monsoon moisture this summer.
AaronRDavis
Topix Acquainted

Postby tlsharb » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:28 am

Thanks, that's good news.
ts
tlsharb
Topix Acquainted

Postby sekihiker » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:31 am

Just got back from five days in the area yesterday. Recent storms have made a difference. Drank COOL water from both Little Rancheria and Woodchuck Creeks.
sekihiker
Founding Member

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Return to Conditions Reports and Information