- Kennedy Meadow -> Upper Relief Valley -> Mosquito Pass -> Kennedy Meadow
- The trail crossing at Summit Creek in Relief Valley was at least 3 feet deep and fast after the rain. We were able to cross Summit easily above its confluence with Relief, then Relief over some logs. Even there, the Relief flow was dangerous.
- Mosquito Pass is covered with snow, also about halfway down its north face. Sinking only about a foot deep in most places, but hip-deep postholing in places on its north side. Going off-trail on the north side is not advised, even with snowshoes: experienced small wet-slides.
- Early-season conditions: sections of trail covered in snow above 8500' from Lower Relief Valley to Emigrant Lake, flooded trails.
- waterproof boots
- snow baskets for hiking poles
- waterproof bags
- snowshoes made the Mosquito Pass section easier, but weren't worth carrying for the whole trip
- It might have been easy to cross Relief Creek in the Lower Relief Valley meadow further up.
Specific photos available on request.