TR: Saddlebag Lake 6/2-6/9-6/11 | High Sierra Topix  

TR: Saddlebag Lake 6/2-6/9-6/11

Discussion related to Sierra Nevada current and forecast conditions, as well as general precautions and safety information. Trail conditions, fire/smoke reports, mosquito reports, weather and snow conditions, stream crossing information, and more.

TR: Saddlebag Lake 6/2-6/9-6/11

Postby Dag » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:20 am

Was up there June 2--still mostly iced over. One week later on June 9 all iced out—trail on left of lake still requires crossing several 50-75 yrd snow fields or did on June 11.

Here is setting out on June 9 after ice out:

Here's my wife and the view toward Greenstone:

And here's a stocked bow happily released:

I was shocked but not surprised that Saddlebag was iced over June 2nd, if that makes sense! Will post on some southern high sierra fishing adventures soon. Thanks to all on this forum for info as I planned from back east.

Dag
Topix Novice

Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Saddlebag Lake 6/2-6/9-6/11

Postby maverick » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:56 am

Hi Dag,

Thanks for the TR and pictures to a place that many members are considering visiting. :thumbsup:
HST= Wilderness Adventurer who knows no bounds, except for their own imagination.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Saddlebag Lake 6/2-6/9-6/11

Postby rlown » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:28 am

nice report. That's about what it looked like a few Octobers ago. Gonna be a tough year as Summer arrives.
rlown
Topix Junkie

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Return to Conditions Reports and Information