Mt Gould 13,005'

Member descriptions, photos, and map locations of peaks above 13,000 feet in the High Sierra. This forum is for information only - discussions should be kept in the appropriate categories.
This forum is a component of the HST Map. We need your help to complete the database, so please contribute!
SNOOOOW
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Mt Gould 13,005'

Post by SNOOOOW »

Mt Gould is a SPS listed peak that lies just north of Kearsarge Pass on the Sierra Crest.

The easiest route to the top would be to hike from Onion Valley out of Independence and up to Kearsarge Pass. Once you reach the top of Kearsarge Pass then turn to your right and look north and start walking up that ridge. There is a few "climbers trails" that will take you right to the summit block which is rated as class 3.

The summit block is rated class 3 at the easiest but I am sure there are a few more difficult routes up that crazy looking summit block.

Mt Gould is located on the Sierra Crest on the border of Kings Canyon National Park and Inyo National Forest. HST Map

Mt Gould is 13,005' or 3,964 m

Mt Gould is located on the Mt Clarence King USGS 7.5' topo

If passing over Kearsarge Pass from either direction I would highly recommend you just drop your pack, turn and face north and climb up the 1200' or so to the top. You definitely will not be disappointed.

https://youtu.be/oXWRAUJlZ4g My buddy Vinny likes to make a video of his trips so I added it
Gould Pano.jpg
Gould Register.jpg
Gould Summit Block.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without a People's army, the people have nothing.