Wildflowers in May 2013 | High Sierra Topix  

Wildflowers in May 2013

A place to explore the natural setting (geology, flora & fauna), people, constructed infrastructure and historical events that play and have played a part in shaping the Sierra Nevada as we know it today.
User avatar

Wildflowers in May 2013

Postby sekihiker » Wed May 29, 2013 11:16 am

During May, I have taken three dayhikes to photograph flowers.
Two trips were in the foothills of Sequoia National Park.

Middle Fork Kaweah River
http://www.inaturalist.org/calendar/sekihiker/2013/5/6

Marble Falls
http://www.inaturalist.org/calendar/sekihiker/2013/5/20

The third visited Woodchuck Creek east of Wishon Reservoir.
http://www.inaturalist.org/calendar/sekihiker/2013/5/26



User avatar
sekihiker
Founding Member
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: Fresno
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

User avatar

Re: Wildflowers in May 2013

Postby TehipiteTom » Fri May 31, 2013 12:05 pm

Nice! I've been in all the wrong places at all the wrong times for wildflowers this year, but it looks like you made some good choices.

Love that iNaturalist site, by the way.
User avatar
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:42 am
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

User avatar

Re: Wildflowers in May 2013

Postby The Other Tom » Fri May 31, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks for posting. I like how the flowers are identified. I'll have to mark this for future reference.
User avatar
The Other Tom
Founding Member
 
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:06 pm
Location: Upstate South Carolina
Experience: N/A

User avatar

Re: Wildflowers in May 2013

Postby sekihiker » Fri May 31, 2013 2:45 pm

TehipiteTom wrote:Nice! I've been in all the wrong places at all the wrong times for wildflowers this year, but it looks like you made some good choices. Love that iNaturalist site, by the way.

You should start posting again at iNaturalist, Tom. Your photos are top notch. It would be nice to have someone else working the same areas I visit.
User avatar
sekihiker
Founding Member
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: Fresno
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

User avatar

Re: Wildflowers in May 2013

Postby TehipiteTom » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:23 pm

sekihiker wrote:
TehipiteTom wrote:Nice! I've been in all the wrong places at all the wrong times for wildflowers this year, but it looks like you made some good choices. Love that iNaturalist site, by the way.

You should start posting again at iNaturalist, Tom. Your photos are top notch. It would be nice to have someone else working the same areas I visit.

Thanks! I've just been lazy of late. Keep meaning to add observations, but never have the time.
User avatar
TehipiteTom
Founding Member
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:42 am
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

User avatar

Re: Wildflowers in May 2013

Postby John Dittli » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Nice! I've never been to that iNaturalist site, good place, thanks!

Despite the dry year, the nice warm weather has set the wildflowers off here on the eastside too. Especially the perennials.

This is the Mono Basin yesterday
_MG_1687.jpg
_MG_1716.jpg
Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail
User avatar
John Dittli
Topix Expert
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:38 am
Location: Crooked Creek
Experience: N/A

User avatar

Re: Wildflowers in May 2013

Postby sekihiker » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:09 am

John Dittli wrote:Despite the dry year, the nice warm weather has set the wildflowers off here on the eastside too. Especially the perennials. This is the Mono Basin yesterday.

Wow! Superb photos!
User avatar
sekihiker
Founding Member
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:47 pm
Location: Fresno
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

User avatar

Re: Wildflowers in May 2013

Postby John Dittli » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:05 am

Thank you, it was an amazing evening....
Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail
User avatar
John Dittli
Topix Expert
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:38 am
Location: Crooked Creek
Experience: N/A


Return to Sierra Nevada History / Natural History & Setting



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests