Sierra Nevada Red Fox

A place to explore the natural setting (geology, flora & fauna), people, constructed infrastructure and historical events that play and have played a part in shaping the Sierra Nevada as we know it today.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Sierra Nevada Red Fox

Post by maverick »

Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
limpingcrab
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Sierra Nevada Red Fox

Post by limpingcrab »

These foxes annoy me! I keep track of every species of plant and animal that I see and I'm probably never going to get to cross the Sierra Nevada Red Fox off the list :crybaby:

It's cool that they got one on camera though, I'll just continue checking the tails of every fox I see.
gdurkee
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Sierra Nevada Red Fox

Post by gdurkee »

One was seen by some reliable biologists about 15 years ago in Rock Creek (SEKI). Approx same area one was seen in the 40s (???) by Dixon or another reliable biologist. I'd never seen one but they must be around, though obviously not a robust population... .