HST Community      Does this divide have a name?

Does this divide have a name? | High Sierra Topix  

Does this divide have a name?

A place to explore the natural setting (geology, flora & fauna), people, constructed infrastructure and historical events that play and have played a part in shaping the Sierra Nevada as we know it today.

Does this divide have a name?

Postby Eric1234 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:45 pm

In southern Yosemite theres a peak named Triple Divide Peak (http://www.peakbagger.com/peak.aspx?pid=2641). It marks the junction of the Clark Range (west), an unnamed ridge which contains the Fernandez Traverse (south), and another divide to the east which includes peaks such as Isberg Peak, Blush Peak, Long Mtn, Electra Peak, and Mt. Ansel Adams. Im wondering if this third divide has a name. Ive recall hearing it referred to as "Isberg Divide" in the past.

User avatar
Topix Acquainted
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:34 pm
Location: San Diego, Santa Cruz, Bishop
Experience: N/A

Re: Does this divide have a name? (corrected 10 Jan)

Postby giantbrookie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:09 pm

I am not aware of an "official" name for this, but the technical name would simply be the eastern Merced-San Joaquin divide because it is the divide between these two drainages. In this sense, the divide that includes Gale Pk is the southern part of Merced-San Joaquin Divide.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html
User avatar
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Posts: 2727
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:22 am
Location: Fresno
Experience: N/A

Return to Sierra Nevada History / Natural History & Setting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest