Any Good Eats in Big Pine?

Have a favorite trail recipe or technique you'd like to share? Please do! We also like reviews of various trail food products out there. The Backcountry Food Topix forum is the place to discuss all things related to food and nourishment while in the Sierra wilderness (as well as favorite trail head eateries).
RichardCullip
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Any Good Eats in Big Pine?

Post by RichardCullip »

In a week or so, I'll be coming up from San Diego for a 4 night/5 day backpack into the Big Pine Creek North Fork area and was wondering if there are any decent, can't miss, places to eat in Big Pine. Thinking about lunch or dinner the day before or lunch on the way home. Anything worthwhile in Big Pine or should I be looking further south along 395? No dietary restrictions to worry about.
Life is good. Eternal Life is better!

Richard
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Any Good Eats in Big Pine?

Post by rlown »

I haven't been there, but there's this: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants- ... ornia.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yelp might tell you other stuff as well.

russ
RichardCullip
Topix Regular

Post by RichardCullip »

rlown wrote:I haven't been there, but there's this: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants- ... ornia.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yelp might tell you other stuff as well.

russ
Thanks for the link, Russ. I keep forgetting to check out TripAdvisor. It's a bit telling when the 4th best "restaurant" in Big Pine is a Chevron Gas station. ;) ;)
Life is good. Eternal Life is better!

Richard
87TT
Topix Regular

Post by 87TT »

There is a coffee shop on the west side in the middle of town that has always been good. Kind of a truck stop on the north side of it and a dirt parking lot on the south. Sorry I can't remember the name but have eaten there several times.
Herm
Topix Regular

Post by Herm »

87TT -
Country Kitchen is the name, if memory serves correctly.
I am not in a hurry, so don't be hasty.
Rockchucker
Topix Expert

Post by Rockchucker »

Rossi's steak house is good. Cooper top BBQ is good, and the Chevron has fantastic Mexican, but it's more grab and go meal.
I'm no suture for my future.