Post-trip meal on the 395

Have a favorite trail recipe or technique you'd like to share? Please do! We also like reviews of various trail food products out there. The Backcountry Food Topix forum is the place to discuss all things related to food and nourishment while in the Sierra wilderness (as well as favorite trail head eateries).
Carne_DelMuerto
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post-trip meal on the 395

Post by Carne_DelMuerto »

Forgive me if this has been discussed before—I did some searching and didn't find much.

What are some good spots to grab a post-trip meal along the 395 from Bishop north? We'll be coming out of the Pine Creek TH at the end of July and I'm sure we'll want a big, fatty, carbo-loaded meal. Outdoor seating is preferred, as I'm sure the stench of man will be occupying a wide radius around us.
Wonder is rock and water and the life that lives in-between.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Post-trip meal on the 395

Post by maverick »

Hi Carne,

This may help: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4074&hilit=best+restaurants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Carne_DelMuerto
Topix Expert

Post by Carne_DelMuerto »

I knew there had to be a thread! Thanks, Mav. Guess I need to work on my search terms. :eek:
Wonder is rock and water and the life that lives in-between.
scrapbooker
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by scrapbooker »

Try the Whoa Nellie Deli at the gas station on Hwy 120 just west of Hwy 395.
paula53
Topix Regular

Post by paula53 »

Walker Burger is fantastic, good selection. Outdoor garden setting for dining. Good parking and resonable prices.
jessegooddog
Topix Regular

Post by jessegooddog »

In Bishop, on Line St just 1/2 block east of 395, family owned and run Las Palmas has wonderful home cooked mexican food - fresh chips, excellent salsa and the best chile rellanos ever - all freshly prepared. And reasonable, with big portions.

And yes, further north from Bridgeport, Walker Burger (good vege burgers too!) is a must stop for great food and a unique outdoor setting. Sunset magazine rated it among the top 5 burger joints several years ago. Closes late Oct thru early April.