Trailtopia Meals

Have a favorite trail recipe or technique you'd like to share? Please do! We also like reviews of various trail food products out there. The Backcountry Food Topix forum is the place to discuss all things related to food and nourishment while in the Sierra wilderness (as well as favorite trail head eateries).
Digforfire
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Trailtopia Meals

Post by Digforfire »

Has anyone tried these? Good? Bad? So-so?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Trailtopia Meals

Post by maverick »

Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
dapperdave
Topix Acquainted

Post by dapperdave »

Well Mav it came 2nd out of 6 and beat the Dog food :unibrow: :thumbsup:

Dave
Dwwd
Topix Acquainted

Post by Dwwd »

I have not tried their meals. But I do like the Beef Crumble or Beef Side pack. I add 1/3 of the small zip closable package to Beef Ramon noodles from the grocery store. They add texture and interest to instant noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes. The zip closable package can be spread out across multiple meals. The chicken side pack was very bland in instant rice chicken.
narc1370
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by narc1370 »

I purchased a handfull of meals from them. Jumbalaya, Cajun Chicken, Ginger Chicken and a few more. I must say there is a lot of food in that pouch, but that's the only positive. The food is awful. All three I tried were bland, and if you were blindfolded, you would have no clue you were eating Jumbalaya, or anything else for that matter. Two of the three people who tried the Ginger Chicken and Szechuan Chicken complained of stomach issues the rest of the night (I felt fine). Furthermore, after my third awful meal, I left a review stating such on the Trailtopia web site (this would have been early January 2022). I received a response stating they would review my comments and then post it. My review was honest and not disrespectful. As of March 22, 2022, my review has not been posted to their website. All that is there are a couple 5 star reviews. This is shady at best. I still have a handful of meals if anyone wants to take them off my hands. I'll sell them dirt cheap!