180 Fruit Stands

Have a favorite trail recipe or technique you'd like to share? Please do! We also like reviews of various trail food products out there. The Backcountry Food Topix forum is the place to discuss all things related to food and nourishment while in the Sierra wilderness (as well as favorite trail head eateries).
robow8
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

180 Fruit Stands

Post by robow8 »

Are there any fruit stands on the 180 on the way in to SEKI? I would like to pick up some fresh local fruit on the way to the Rae Lakes end of July.
Thanks!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: 180 Fruit Stands

Post by maverick »

Blossom Trail Fruit Stand
18501 E Kings Canyon Road in Sanger
559-787-3015
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Troutdog 59
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: 180 Fruit Stands

Post by Troutdog 59 »

The Blossom Trail fruit stand is a good one. Good variety and some real nice pluots and plums. Another good one nearby and right on Hwy 180 is the Centerville Fruit Station at 16155 East Kings Canyon, Sanger. Both are listed as being in Sanger, but are actually right on Hwy 180 to the northeast of the City of Sanger. The Blossom Trail FS is at the corner of Reed and Hwy 180 just south of Minkler and is open only during the summer months. The Centerville Fruit Station is in the heart of its namesake, the thriving metropolis of Centerville and is open year round. They have a fantastic variety of citrus right now (Cara caras, blood oranges, tangelos, etc). Don't blink or you might miss both. :) :) :)
Once in a while you can get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right.

The Grateful Dead